Decathlon Shah Alam: Mural Competition Rules and Regulations
1. Competition Timeline
- 29th July – 12th August 2019: Submission of mural designs
- 13th August – 18th August 2019: Organizer to select 12 designs
- 19th August 2019: Organizer to announce the final 12 participants
- 23rd August 2019: Briefing of participants, registration
- 25th August 2019: Painting of mural
- 26th August – 15th September 2019: Pictures of murals posted online for the public to vote on
- 16th September 2019: Winner is announced (Most likes, shares and tagged post with #ShahAlamMyPlayground)
2. Registration and Eligibility
- Open to artists of all nationalities, aged 18 years and above
- Participants may enter the competition solo or form a team of up to 5 individuals
3. Specification of Mural
- Wall Size: 3 meters (H) x 4.7 meters (W); participants should be able to use the whole space provided.
Wall Size: 3 meters (H) x 4.7 meters (W)
- Medium: Acrylic paint, spray paint
- Theme: “Shah Alam, My Sports Playground” (Participants’ designs must incorporate elements of Decathlon’s colors – Blue, White, and Orange) - the use of other colors will be accepted so long as Decathlon's blue, white and orange are prominently featured.
Colors and Compositions Guideline
- The design must be original and must have been conceptualized and executed by the participants. Works which are copies of existing works will be automatically disqualified.
- Obscene and offensive entries will be rejected outright.
4. Submission of Designs
5. Selection of Finalists
- A maximum of 12 designs and announced by the organizer through Decathlon Malaysia’s social media platform (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) on 19th August 2019 at 6 pm.
- Criteria will be based on interpretation of the theme and artistic quality.
- The finalists will be contacted via phone call and e-mail provided on the registration form.
- Each team will be awarded RM200 worth of Decathlon gift cards.
- Decathlon’s decisions as to the finalists are final, irrevocable and cannot be appealed.
6. Painting of Mural
- Finalists must be present on 25th August 2019 for the painting of the mural.
- The mural must be completed by 7 pm, 25th August 2019.
- Only the approved design must be executed.
- Failure to complete by 7 pm, 25th August 2019 will result in the Participants’ mural being disqualified from the public voting session. Participants will be allowed to complete their mural at a time to be decided by the organizer.
- Participants should prepare and bring all equipment necessary, including but not limited to paints, brushes, trays and rollers, palette, and tape for the painting of the mural.
- Food (breakfast and lunch) will be provided by the organizer on 25th August 2019.
7. Public Voting
8. Announcement of Winner
- The winner will be announced on 16th September, at 12 pm on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter of Decathlon Malaysia.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail and phone call.
- Winner will have to collect their prizes at Decathlon Shah Alam within one month from 16th September 2019.
9. Inquiries and Clarifications
Download the registration and waiver form here:http://bit.ly/muralcomp-decathlonshahalam
"Shah Alam, My Sports Playground"
Mural for Decathlon in Decathlon Hannover-Laatzen; by Jonas Hauss
Mural for Decathlon by Jonas Hauss