500 Women's Long Sleeve 2mm Neoprene Surfing Wetsuit Top - Blue/Pink
Only one color available
As female surfers of all levels, we designed this neoprene top for intermediate surfers surfing waves under a meter.
Women's long-sleeved 2mm neoprene top for longer surfing. Flexible and warm composition ideal for surfing in summer. Front zip, making it easier to put on.
Front zip, making it easier to put on for women.
- 2 Hours
- WARM WATER
- You regularly go surfing. During your sessions, you paddle out to the line up, duck dive under the breaking waves if you are on a shortboard, or turtle roll if you are on a longboard, then surf waves of less than one metre. You often fall and are used to being shaken about underwater. Your swimsuit must meet the requirements of your practice and stay in place for each of your movements. We have designed a range for you that is suited to your regular practice and your body shape.
- The first selection criterion when choosing a surfing wetsuit is the water temperature. Water temperature varies according to the location and the time of the year. Systematically make sure that the water temperature at your spot corresponds to the recommended temperature range: Warm water above 20°C. Temperate water between 17 and 22°C. Cold water between 12 and 17°C. Very cold water between 7 and 12°C. Visit the site seatemperature.org to find out the temperature of your spot.
- The 2nd criterion to take into account is the length of your sessions. If your sessions last less than an hour, the 100 models will be suitable. For up to 2 hours, opt for the 500 models and for up to 3 hours, the 900 models. Compared to the 100 models, the 500 models will be warmer (and more watertight) and more efficient at reducing fatigue (more freedom of movement) and irritation. The same is true for the 900 models compared with the 500 models.
- To make the most of the features of your wetsuit, it is necessary to choose the correct size. A surfing wetsuit should be a very tight fit and there should be no visible folds. When dry, it is perfectly normal to feel like it is too tight, this discomfort disappears as soon as the wetsuit gets wet. If you choose a wetsuit that is too big, folds will appear, you will experience irritation and thermal insulation will be reduced (letting in water). Try it on before you buy it!
- Our zips and fastenings are laboratory tested in order to ensure an optimal lifespan and good resistance to salt water. We position the opening at the front of the top to make it easier to get on. This configuration is suited to the female body shape and is suitable for the lying-down position while paddling.
- When we are in the water, we lose more than half of our body heat through our extremities (feet, hands, head). Consequently, here are the recommended accessories: - in warm water and temperate water (>17°C) => neoprene low booties. - in cold water (12 - 17°C): High booties (boots) and gloves. - in very cold water (7 - 12°C): High booties (boots), gloves, hood and hooded top... Find our entire range of neoprene accessories at decathlon.fr
- Our tops are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding surfers. Our design choices also make them compatible with other water sports such as sea wading or SUP (stand up paddle boarding).
- Based in Hendaye, in South West France, OLAIAN is Decathlon's new surfing and bodyboarding brand. In our offices at the water's edge, we can design a swimsuit or wetsuit and then on the same day test it directly in the sea to check it stays in place in the waves.